Sunday, June 12, 2011

4 weeks to go!

What??? Only four weeks to go, that is scary! So in 2 weeks I taper for the race--YIKES! As ready as I am to be done training, I am anxious about the race and getting through it. I have been feeling good and getting in a lot of good workouts, which since preschool is over we don't have a day to day routine anymore and therefore my workouts are all over the place.

This past Wednesday it was very hot, over 90 degrees and I wasn't too interesed in running or biking so "team Funcie" which is about 6 people who are training for the Muncie half Ironman and I went up to Muncie to do an open water swim. We got to see where the swim course is going to be and get an idea of where everything else would be too. That made it seem very very real. It was fun to go up there though with these 5 other people who are great athletes and are most likely crazier then me when it comes to working out---yes people who work out and train way more then me! Anyway, we swam around a mile and headed home (all of us piled into one mini-van). For me it was nice to have an evening workout and not to have to worry about the heat.

I have 2 more weeks of hard, long workouts ahead of me and then taper which I believe will make me insane! I know its important and necessary but it will be hard not to push it. I know Paul will be happy when this is over because I will be around a lot more on the weekends (well Sunday since I work all day Saturday)

I got up early this morning (Sunday) and rode 35 miles by myself and then ran 5...it was a beautiful day and a lot of my friends ran or rode in races yesterday so I knew I was on my own, but biking by one self is quite boring!

I am off to fold laundry and watch the Ironman 70.3 World Championship on TV, which will make me excited and anxious I am sure:)

No comments:

Post a Comment