Monday, January 3, 2011

First Swim of many...

I swam today for the first time in months. I like swimming, I don't know why I don't do it more for exercise. I think its the whole getting wet and cold and having to bring a change of clothes, etc every time. Anyway, the training program I am following is 18 weeks, but I have about 26 weeks until my race, so I am following the program, but not doing the whole amount yet. Today called for 45 min and 45 min run. I swam 40 min and ran 30. I need to figure out if I can split workouts into two times a day when I don't have the time to devote to one long workout. It felt great to swim again and I shared a lane with an Indy SwimFit coach (a group of swimmers you can join in Indy) and she said my stroke looked great and I was smooth in the water! It was nice to hear. Then I ran on the treadmill...slow...I should have eaten a banana before my swim or an energy bar because I was hungry during the run.

And all the people at the gym made it hard to get a treadmill...New Year's Resolutions are great and all, but for the people who work out all the time all year round---its annoying! I like the gym a little less crowded;)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Steph! I agree, swimming is fun but I bet it has to do with all the prep work (bring a change of clothes mostly) that keeps us from doing it more.

    I also swam today and was starving during my ride (mine was 24 m swim, 48 bike). I will definitely be adding a protein bar on those days....I was so hungry! Jason was at the gym with me and asked me about my transition time from the water to ride (joking, obviously). I was at 15 minutes...lol.

    AGREE about the New Years resolutions. I always thought they should have a sign on equipment that says you can use when those that have been here for the past 6 months are done. Ok, I feel better--I want them to work out too but preferably when I am not there...at least I had the pool to myself ;)

    ReplyDelete