Monday, July 4, 2011

T minus 5 days!

5 Days!! I made it through week 1 of the taper, but it wasn't pretty. I had no idea I would feel so sluggish, antsy, and achy! I actually googled it and talked to some of my friends who are in the midst of the taper as well and my feelings were confirmed. I just didn't expect to feel this way and it caught me off guard. Anyway I made it through the week and then did a long-ish bike ride yesterday and then a run and a swim this morning. I felt a million times better after the long bike ride...I know I need to be slowing down and I have been but with all of this training the longer the swim, the bike, or run the better I feel. It takes me awhile to get in the groove and feel good so when I go a long distance I feel good:)

Everything is all set for this weekend. My parents will have the girls from Friday afternoon and over night Friday night and all day on Saturday. Paul is coming with me on Saturday (which will be a long day for him) because we have to get up early and be there early but the race doesn't start until 8am and I am sure my wave doesn't start until later then that. Friday afternoon I have to go up to Muncie to check in and attend the pre-race meeting. Plus I want to go into the Ironman shop! I might need a 70.3 sticker for my car:)

I will update once more this week before the race...

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinking about you this week, I hope it goes great! I hope we can get together with the girls once you are finished. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete