Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trucking Along...

Whew, this half Ironman thing is no joke. Who's idea was this anyway? HA! I have been a little tired as the workouts have increased. I often wake up at 4:30am to work out for 2 or 2.5 hours before anyone in my house is even awake. And so some days I am really tired by 6pm! I am trying to make sure I go to bed early enough and that I don't do every single morning super early because I often don't get to sit down again until 1pm when Maggie takes a nap. And even then there are other things to do be done....the never ending pile of sweaty laundry I am creating with all of these workouts, food to be purchased because I am eating everything in sight, and of course normal household stuff!

I have met more people doing this race and some of them are mom's like me and we are going to bike outside tomorrow (the first fore casted sunny day in ages) while the kids are at preschool. YAY! I am excited to get outside on a weekday for a workout:) It has rained and rained this spring which means I have been inside on the spin bike a lot and running outside in the rain.

I have about 10 weeks to go for the race and while that seems like a lot I don't feel like I will ever be ready for it! When I think about the race I get very nervous wondering if I will be able to do it and I really hope I am not last! I just don't want to be last!!! I have a race plan for my nutrition and for my times so I am going to practice that with my long workouts in the next weeks.

Overall I feel good about this training and it just recently I have felt more tired then usual but I am going to make sure to get enough sleep even if that means I don't work out until late in the day once in a while which is hard for me to do...I like to have a big dinner with a glass of wine, not work out in the evening!

And the last piece of news I have to share is that I am going to be a spinning instructor at the YMCA starting in the month of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment