Monday, February 28, 2011

Week Three

I am on week three of the 20 week training program! I love when I get to turn the page in the little binder Paul put together for me with my training program all printed out. Every Sunday I have been looking over the week and try to schedule my workouts to fit into our schedule, so I don't do the training program in the order its printed for that week For example I had 2 hours today, so I did Thursday's workout (which was a swim of 20x50 yards with a 300 yard warm up and a 200 yard cool down and a 45 minute bike ride) because Thursday Josie has tumbling and I don't usually have as much time. But I have been able to fit in every workout during the week, just on different days. So far so good. I am running faster, swimming more, and biking (indoors) a lot! I haven't felt fatigued at all yet. I think a combination of non-stop eating, drinking tons of water, and getting enough sleep is helping. The first four weeks of this program are called "prep" so once I get through those I have a feeling the hours will increase as well as the intensity. Working out six days a week means that I am constantly washing my workout clothes, repacking my workout bag, and running around looking like I just came from the gym (which I usually did).

I am looking forward to getting outside more, maybe as March goes on. I have run outside a lot, but haven't been biking outside because of the snow/rain/ice we keep getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment